28 December 2016
Best wishes for this new year
Dear Customers, dear Friends, the moment has come to present you with our greetings.
The key events of 2016 affecting our company:
- Some of the sunniest and driest weather we have experienced has given us quite a small harvest, but also a vintage of fine Quality.
- Since early 2016, the administrative region of OCCITANIE now represents the amalgamation of the Midi-Pyrénées (the South-West), the Languedoc and the Roussillon.
- Domaines Auriol has been awarded more than 100 medals for the high quality of their range, and 2 wines have acceded to the “90+” list: Domaine Plot des Vents ( a Corbières) and Domaine Candide (a Fitou).
- The AOP and Châteaux now become the subject of a specific objective for Thomas and his team of oenologists/winemakers as they target this much coveted category of “90+” wines.
- The alcohol-reduced wines have been renamed, creating a category called “LIFE STYLE WINE”. So’Light is making serious inroads into the French market with a nation-wide sales promotion by Casino.
- The Métis (hybrids) have found some ambassadors of great talent: 2 top-range quality wine boutique chains, Nicolas in France, and Jacques’ in Germany, have taken on Marselan Maison Vialade.
- As of 2016, ourorganic wines account for 30% of our activity and the organic vineyards we farm cover 250-500 hectares either in the process of conversion or already AB or Biodynamic. Some 10 private wineries/châteaux and 5 wine cooperatives form the basis of our Quality AB, entailing close relations with the producers, winemaking according to our protocols, and the defining of profiles….
- The signature “Claude Vialade, Femme du Vin” identifies the family brands and vineyards.
- One particularly important development defines 2016 as a stepping-stone to the future: you will appreciate how delighted and proud I am to be able to tell you that one of my twin sons, Jordi Salvagnac, has joined the Auriol Group together with his partner, Caroline de Nervo, thus ensuringthe company’s continuity and future.
On behalf of the whole team at Domaines Auriol we send you our best wishes for the festive season and the coming New Year!!